Wednesday, February 23, 2011

McGriddle Eating Taxi Driver

Yesterday I had the idea that maybe I should put a sign on my van "Mom's Taxi," incorporate myself and write off the money I pay in gas to haul my kids around.  I wasn't kidding.  Have you filled up your car lately?  It's a major expense, it was up 7 cents from last week when I filled up.  It's tax season, I think of these things.  There should be some kind of reimbursements for stay-at-home moms (or any moms for that matter) that have to take a kid to school, go home, go back and pick her up, go back home, go pick the other kid up, go home again, take a kid to dance (stay because you can only afford so much gas), and finally go back home.  That adds up.  I'm telling you, I'm going to become my own business, I see no other way.

To top that off, there are these seven pounds hanging over me (or on me, however you want to look at it).  It's becoming a problem.  The problem is that there is a McDonald's on the way to Molli's school.  They sell McGriddles.  I love McGriddles.  But I have seven pounds to lose.  I'm doing the Weight Watchers points, I can only have 29 points a day, the McGriddle is 15 points.  Problem with the McGriddle, it has friends named hash brown and Coke.  These friends have to come along for the ride too which adds another 7 points.  You see where this is going, I can't eat for the rest of the day (which does not happen) because I am out of points.  It has gotten to where I am ashamed to log onto WW and do my daily tracking because I feel as if the computer is judging me when I type in "McGriddle."  Did I mention that I pay for the McGriddle & Friends with change from my loose change cup because I don't want the charges on my debit card because then there would be proof that I was going to McDonalds.  I figure if people don't know, it doesn't really count.  I have a serious problem.  However, I am happy to say that I did not go to that McDonald's today.  I drove right past it.  I drove to Krispy Kreme.  Now, I will hand it to Krispy Kreme, they tried to make it harder for me to get there.  I had to wait at a 5 minute red light, turn into a bank parking lot, and drive through the Wal-Mart parking lot to get there, but I did it.  And that chocolate-iced, custard-filled doughnut was completely worth it.  It even made it not so bad when Madison started screaming from the backseat.  The sweetness from the doughnut stopped me from channeling George's dad from Seinfeld (you know, the guy who says "Serenity Now!").  All kidding aside, I think this sweetness addiction is getting serious.  I need professional help.  I wonder if there is a support group for this?  Maybe I could start one...SEA...Sweet-Eaters Anonymous.  I could serve doughnuts and coffee.

Thank goodness the weather is nice because Madison and I are going to have to walk an extra lap around the neighborhood this morning....

Madison getting ready for a stroll....I need an extra lap

"Mom's Taxi" going to dance class


"Mom's Taxi" arrived at dance class with 3 passengers

Madison waiting for Molli's dance class to be over

Morgan reading while waiting for Molli's dance class to be over

Molli doing her best ballerina impression

Molli doing some sort of pose

Madison ready for bed after the day's excitement

Morgan ready for bed

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Audri, you made me laugh out loud! Great story! I've actually started Atkins this week because if I get a taste of anything sweet, it's a very steep downhill spiral into a almost-diabetic-coma. I'm glad you got your KK fix though!

    ReplyDelete