Friday, February 25, 2011

Willpower on Vacation

I did it; yesterday morning I fought my urge to drive through McDonald's...and Krispy Kreme.  I drove straight home after taking Molli to school.  And baked a cake.   So I'm not perfect, but I'm trying.  The good news is that I have only had 3 slices of that cake since yesterday; I could have had much more.  I hope this means my willpower is coming back, it's been on vacation for about a month (it should have taken me with it, I need a vacation too).  I feel like Molli did the night we caught her in the guest bedroom watching TV and eating chocolate (it was 11:30 at night; she had been in bed for hours).  When we asked her what she was doing, she replied (as she had chocolate all over her face) "I can't help it, I'm just a hungry, hungry, candy-eating machine!"  She and I have a lot in common.

I finally made it to "Week 2" in my Organize Now! book (I have been on Week 1: Organize Your Mind since January).  This one is "Organize Your Schedule," and one of the things is to keep a notebook by your bed so that you can write down things to do when you think of them....this is going to send me back to Week 1 where I was supposed to "get a minimum of seven hours of sleep per night."  If I am supposed to sleep, the last thing I need is a distracter like a list beside my bed; I will be making lists all night.  Tim will love this, he will wake up in the morning to a list of things to do that I have thought up for him all night.....somehow I don't see him being supportive of this "week," maybe I should skip on to Week 3 "Organize your Cleaning Schedule."  As I write this, I have a pile of dishes and laundry to do, not to mention bathrooms to clean.  I used to have a maid.  Tim didn't think that maid did a good job, but I'm here to tell you, she did much better than I do.  It was so nice to come home from work on Friday and the whole house was clean and the laundry was folded.  But then again, I had a job, and I am thankful that I can stay at home now with the kids.  So that makes me the maid.

Morgan is having a friend spend the night tonight.  This is her best friend, and she is so excited.  Molli is excited too.  It makes me remember what it was like to be a little kid and get to have friends over, sleep didn't matter, and you wanted to stay up all night long.  My how things change.....I don't think there is enough money in the world to make me want to stay up past 10:00 (I'm stretching it here), much less all night.  How in the world did we used to have that much energy?  I'm glad I did at one time, but I sure don't anymore.

Molli and Madison in Madison's room

Madison...I asked Molli to help with Madison and I walked in to find all of Madion's toys around her and on top of her.





Molli, tasting the cake batter

Molli fell asleep on the way to Morgan's dance class

Morgan at dance class

Morgan attempting to keep her balance

Morgan the ballerina

Tim....he got suckered in to going to dance class too

Madison stretching out on the floor while waiting on Morgan

Molli and Tim entertaining themselves while waiting on Morgan

Molli telling Tim how he was playing the game wrong...

Madison watching Molli and Tim

Molli and Morgan...Molli was excited that we could now go home.


No comments:

Post a Comment